Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean to have an individual lease?

Individual leasing means that each person is only responsible for their portion of the common areas and their bedroom. If your roommate ends up not coming back for the spring semester, you’re not responsible for their payment.


What is included in the rent?

Central House on Stadium rent includes utilities (water, sewer, and trash service), extended cable, Internet, washer & dryer, access to all of Central House on Stadium’s amenities, and a wonderful staff that is there to help you anytime you need them.


Do you have a roommate matching system?

Yes, we offer a roommate matching system. If you don’t have anyone in mind that you would like to live with, let us match you up with someone! There is a Roommate Matching Sheet that you will fill out to let us know more about what you’re looking for in a roommate. Then, we spend weeks in the summer figuring out the best match for you based on that information.


When is my rent due?

Rent is always due the 1st of the month. You can pay up front (due August 1), in semester installments (due August 1 and January 1), or in twelve installments (due August 1 and on the first of the month for the next 11 consecutive months).


How do I pay my rent?

We accept payment via check, money order, or through the online system.


Do you allow pets?

Yes, pets are allowed! Please contact the office for more details.


Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?

Central House on Stadium’s insurance will not cover your personal belongings. We suggest getting renter’s insurance for this reason. It is generally inexpensive and will cover your personal belongings if something were to happen.


What if I need to break my lease or don't return for the spring semester?

Central House on Stadium’s lease is binding and cannot be broken. If you cannot live at Central House on Stadium after signing your lease, you will need to re-let. Please call the leasing office for information on re-letting.


What if I need maintenance in my bedroom or apartment?

If you need maintenance, simply go to your resident portal on our website and fill out a maintenance request. You can also call or stop by the front desk. If it is an emergency, please notify the front office immediately.


What furniture is provided?

Central House on Stadium is fully furnished with a full-sized bed, large desk and chair, and dresser. The living area comes with a comfortable couch, chair, ottoman, and end table. The kitchen comes fully equipped with energy-efficient appliances, a refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, and washer & dryer.


How do I receive mail and packages?

Your mail will be delivered to your apartment’s mailbox located at the Central House on Stadium property. Packages will be delivered to the leasing office and can be picked up during normal business hours with an ID. 


What do I need to bring to my new apartment?

We suggest you bring: Bedding for a full-sized bed, toiletries, dishes/cookware, decorations for your new room!


What kinds of events do you have at Central House on Stadium?

Central House on Stadium has resident events that range from pizza parties to Taco Tuesdays. Not only is there free food at events, but it’s also a great way to meet people!


How do I report a missing person?

Every student who lives in on-campus housing may register one or more individuals to be a contact strictly for missing persons purposes. This option will be offered annually and upon move-in throughout the semester.


In addition to registering a general emergency contact, students residing in on-campus housing have the option to identify one or more individuals to be confidentially contacted by USAPD in the event the student is determined to be missing. A student who wishes to identify a confidential contact can do so by designating a missing persons contact through the emergency contact link in PAWS. A student’s confidential contact information will be accessible only by authorized campus officials and law enforcement in the course of the investigation.


If any person has a reason to believe that a student who resides in on-campus housing is missing, he or she should immediately notify the University of South Alabama Police Department at (251) 460-6312. USAPD will initiate a preliminary investigation.


Upon concluding that a student is a missing person, USA Police will notify Mobile Police Department and the student’s missing persons emergency contact no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing. If the missing student is under the age of 18 and is not an emancipated individual, USA Police will notify the student’s parent or legal guardian within 24 hours of being determined missing. USA Police may also enter the missing student into the National Crime Information Center Missing Person database.